[GRLUG] Next meeting? - install fest in Feb ?

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Tue Jan 23 23:14:02 EST 2007

It looks like the fest is on!

I changed the Wiki.

>>> Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> 1/23/2007 8:07 pm >>>
On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 19:48 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
> GRC4LUG had a UNIX student stop by today who would like to install
> Linux on a dual-proc Pentium 3 1GHz with a SCSI RAID array.  He was
> interested when I mentioned the possibility of an installfest on Feb
> 6.
>
> I figured it would provide an interesting challenge.  I've never
seen
> hardware RAID on a Linux box before.  Plus, it gets him more
involved
> with Linux, by having a box at home.

Hardware RAID controllers? Bah, nuttin' to it. Except with a boot LUN
defined over 2TB in size. Currently distributed GRUB (GRand Unified
Bootloader) has issues with boot disks over 2TB and EFI based BIOS.
LILO
can do the 2TB+ but is a bit cantankerous.

Curious as to what controller it is. Huh?

I might also be convinced to show up.
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux