[GRLUG] 50 cent licensing fee ??

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Feb 27 15:07:45 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 13:56 -0500, Casey DuBois wrote:
> http://www.thisweeknews.com/?sec=home&story=sites/thisweeknews/022207/Bexley/News/022207-News-310108.html

A snippet from the e-mail I sent to Quinn Bowman:

        Here is what one of the district network admin guys said:
        We have chosen Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop because our
        educational license fee is .50 cents per user, and is supported
        by Novell (They own SUSE), and ZenWorks.  Our users can login
        and see their existing drive mappings whether they are using
        Linux or WinME.  Also by using QEMU or VMWare we are able to run
        a Virtual WindowsME environment for anything that is not
        available for Linux yet.

Hope that answers your questions.
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup