[GRLUG] mythtv

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Wed Dec 26 13:13:21 EST 2007

Joe Vanderstelt wrote:
> Torrentocracy the bittorrent plug is no longer active.

I noticed that! I was tempted to look up the domain owner's email
address and see if the code could be obtained. Another idea would be to
use existing command line tools. In looking through to menu
documentation, I see it is easy to run commands on the system.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide

Look at helpful tips and you'll see how to add a button that shell's out
a command.

That command could be a perl script, which could easily connect to the
db, check settings, add entries and move downloaded files where they
need to be for myth. I wish I had time today to play around with that..
Off to the last Christmas party of the season this afternoon soon.

Dave