[GRLUG] I guess this is the last.

David Pembrook David at Pembrook.net
Fri Dec 14 10:40:36 EST 2007

The whole reason I jumped in with my 2 cents was that I don't see the
point in hammering posting standards down people's throats.

For example, I'm writing this in Evolution, this client seems to want to
wrap text at a certain width. I see your text wrapped at a set width. On
thunderbird I don't have that issue composing. But based on previous
rants, my email and your's is "out of spec". I have to remember.. no
line feeds except to start a new paragraph. I'll have to poke around in
the settings and find that option. Or do i??

We're starting fights over preference and standards written so long ago
that only the few follow them. And those same few start the rants that
distract us from the learning and enjoyment this list is capable of
providing.

I don't think this can or should be ignored... One answer is freedom to
post as one see's appropriate and tolorate other people's styles.

Dave