[GRLUG] Linux desktop marketshare

Joshua Hulst josh at hulst.ws
Wed Dec 12 13:39:31 EST 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 01:25:58 pm Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 13:13 -0500, john-thomas richards wrote:
> > BTW, are not all Linux mail clients text-based and GUI mail clients
> > really just Windows apps ported?  ;-)
>
> Well, I use Evolution and it plays just find. I guess its the only one
> that can. And No Evolution wasn't ported from Windows.

Kmail for the win.  I didn't see any problems with any of the emails in this
conversation either, although the source does have the defanged tags.  Which
leads to another question.  Why use HTML encoded email at all?  What's the
matter with plaintext, especially for a mailing list which so far has had no
need for any of the features that html provides?

jwh