[GRLUG] Monitor Sleeping, Sorry, My first Post...Ever

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Dec 11 19:54:11 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 18:15 -0500, john-thomas richards wrote:

> > > I could see it happening, it all three experienced a similar power surge
> > > at some point in the past.  If they all came from a similar environment
> > > they could experience lots of similar things in that regard, like sucking
> > > stuff from the air in the front and blowing it out the back by the power
> > > supply fan.
> >
> > And additionally they are all made from identical parts, and so could
> > all have a the same point of failure. A known good power supply is
> > definitely worth trying.
>
> I tried another known good power supply and get the same.  I really
> wonder if the motherboard is bad.  Does this even make sense?  If so,
> anyone have a motherboard that will take a Pentium III 933MHz?
> Remember, it is for a good, local charity organization (read: "it needs
> to be free" - as in beer).

To be honest, I'd like to take a stab at these machines.

And since they are IBM machines, there *ARE* quirks on them. Do you have
ANY of the Restoration CDs they originally came with?

And if not, get the exact model off the front of the machines and the
monitors...

(I'm probably asking for duplicate info there) but I haven't yet looked
at my archives.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2