[GRLUG] Monitor Sleeping, Sorry, My first Post...Ever

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Dec 11 18:15:55 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 08:11:51PM -0500, Raymond McLaughlin wrote:
> Topher wrote:
> >> I have not.  Could *all three* power supplies on the three machines be
> >> bad?
> >
> > I could see it happening, it all three experienced a similar power surge
> > at some point in the past.  If they all came from a similar environment
> > they could experience lots of similar things in that regard, like sucking
> > stuff from the air in the front and blowing it out the back by the power
> > supply fan.
>
> And additionally they are all made from identical parts, and so could
> all have a the same point of failure. A known good power supply is
> definitely worth trying.

I tried another known good power supply and get the same.  I really
wonder if the motherboard is bad.  Does this even make sense?  If so,
anyone have a motherboard that will take a Pentium III 933MHz?
Remember, it is for a good, local charity organization (read: "it needs
to be free" - as in beer).
--
john-thomas
------