[GRLUG] For those that think MSOOXML is a good idea...

Joshua Hulst josh at hulst.ws
Thu Dec 6 16:13:47 EST 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007 04:03:56 pm Michael Mol wrote:
> It still bothers me that ODF folded up.  I've got documents scattered
> all over in their formats.  I suppose we'll see if the promise of
> continued accessibility holds up.

I'm not sure what you mean by ODF folding up, if you are talking about the
Open Document Foundation closing, this page seems to explain it pretty well.
http://hackfud.net/2007/11/06/now-its-open-document-formats-turn-for-the-fudmeisters/

In general, the Open Document Foundation had very little to do with the
current state of ODF and their closing has very little effect on the format.
The support in Open Office and Koffice seems to guarantee it's existence so
by all means, continue to use it.

jwh