[GRLUG] 7.04

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:40:42 EDT 2007

On 4/22/07, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> It says "The NVIDIA kernel module has version 1.0-9755 but the X module
> has version 1.0-9631".
>
> I grabbed the binary installer from Nvidia, and ran it, and the build
> fails.  :(

This would be easy to fix if it were easy to recompile one's own
kernel under Ubuntu.  Perhaps it is, but I've only managed to find
that the normal build process for kernel.org kernels doesn't seem to
work.

On that note, anyone know if an in-place upgrade from 6.10 to 7.04
breaks the Atheros driver?  With my desktop connected via wireless,
I'm hesitant to upgrade until I know that won't break.