[GRLUG] Speed test

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Apr 3 15:11:17 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 14:38 -0400, Nathan Drier wrote:
> I've got 1.2TB about about 90% full of kah-kah.  You can NEVER have
> enough storage space!

4.4TB of 1st gen XBOX games (about 880 games), its (the XBOX) mod'd of
course.

1.2TB (~760GB free) of Music (most of which I rip'd and encoded) in MP3
format with ISO conformance and the newVBR method and minimum 64Kbps and
maximum of 320Kbps. This is for devices that are picky about playback,
those devices being a Sony Xplod auto CD player, a Sandisk e250, an iPod
nano, my daughter's LG Chocolate (with 2gb microSD), my computers (all
Linux) and an old sandisk thumb-drive with audio output 256MB.

Another 1.1TB on a NAS device I built that has rip'd and DViX encoded
DVDs of kids shows and movies, for my wife's daycare stuff. And played
on the XBOX from the menu.

4.4TB + 1.2TB + 1.1TB == 6.7TB, all RAID5 or Better. It'd be a pain to
have to re-rip all that stuff.
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup