[GRLUG] Is there a Linux equivalent to network folders

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 08:39:04 EDT 2006

Bill Creswell wrote:
> I am sure the name may be different, since I didn't find anything like
> it by googling.
>
> I would like to have an ftp folder that acts like a drive, so that I
> could open a file on the server with Screem, instead of downloading
> the file, saving it and uploading it.

Fire up Konqueror.  Enter ftp://server.  You now have a window that you
can drag/drop files from/to.

If it's secured, you may have to modify the URL with an ID/password:

|ftp://userid:password@ftp.anywhere.com/|

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2006