[GRLUG] Sendmail as secondary (backup) MX

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Tue Oct 31 11:31:32 EST 2006

One thing that I do not like about doing things the correct way is that
your mail server can be used to DOS attack someone's email inbox. All
someone has to do is pretend to send email from an address to an invalid
address. Do that thousands of times and the supposed sender's inbox
fills up. You can limit the number of bounces, etc per second but still
the mechanism is prone to abuse.