[GRLUG] webdav in ubuntu

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 20:24:24 EST 2006

...just out of curiosity...  Did you compile apache with webdav
support?  Oh, nevermind... ubuntu binary.

./configure --prefix=/yo/mama \
  --enable-dav \
  --enable-dav-fs \
  --more-junk-here

Anyhoot, here's a quick snippet of setup also...

http://linux.about.com/od/ubusrv_doc/a/ubusg27t08.htm

BTW, compiling apache is pretty straight forward.  Try rolling your
own just to rule it out.

 G-

On 10/30/06, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> > I played with it a bit - quite a while ago.  With this config in
> > apache's virtual hosts section, I'm able to post anonymously from
> > Thunderbird's Calendar Extension.
>
> Ok, something's still not right.  When I browse a regular dir listing, at
> the bottom it says DAV is in there.  I put a .htaccess file in the dir I
> want dav enabled, and it says this:
>
> <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
>     Satisfy All
>     Allow from All
>     require valid-user
> </Limit>
>
> When I try to connect though, it says this:
>
> Could not access /media/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
> 405 Method Not Allowed
>
> I tried putting this into my conf file:
>
>          <Directory /var/www/media/>
>          DAV on
>          </Directory>
>
> but then when I restart Apache it says
>
>   * Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server...
> Syntax error on line 21 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
> Unknown DAV provider: filesystem
>
> [fail]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Topher
> Manager of Internet Services
> Cornerstone University Radio
>
> ------
> "When little is known, much is imagined."
>                          -- Louis L'Amour, The Haunted Mesa

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/