[GRLUG] webdav in ubuntu

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Mon Oct 30 13:22:34 EST 2006

> I played with it a bit - quite a while ago.  With this config in
> apache's virtual hosts section, I'm able to post anonymously from
> Thunderbird's Calendar Extension.

Ok, something's still not right.  When I browse a regular dir listing, at
the bottom it says DAV is in there.  I put a .htaccess file in the dir I
want dav enabled, and it says this:

<Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
    Satisfy All
    Allow from All
    require valid-user
</Limit>

When I try to connect though, it says this:

Could not access /media/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
405 Method Not Allowed

I tried putting this into my conf file:

         <Directory /var/www/media/>
         DAV on
         </Directory>

but then when I restart Apache it says

  * Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server...
Syntax error on line 21 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
Unknown DAV provider: filesystem

[fail]

Any ideas?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"When little is known, much is imagined."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, The Haunted Mesa