[GRLUG] Novell, having fun are we?

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:52:06 EST 2006

On 11/5/06, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the feeling that M$ has been just
> a great outfit to work with.  Never mind the
> monopoly suit,  addressing M$'s propensity
> to drive anyone out of business almost at will.
> And its control of interfaces was a big part of
> what kept the monopoly intact.  But I take it
> that even third parties will now be able to provide
> bridge software.
>
> So it would seem that M$ has become a real
> team player,  eager to address past wrongs,
> and just wants to see the world move ahead.
> With that great philanthropist Bill Gates leading
> the charge,  wanting to let bygones be
> bygones,  and wanting only to spend those
> endless $billions in peace,  doing good works.

MS? A team player?  Do you remember their excuse in court when they
were asked why they couldn't remove IE from Windows?  They said it was
too integrated.

Now you see them *publicly* setting up the same excuse for their
antivirus and antispyware offerings by locking down the parts of their
API that allowed third parties to get in and remove malicious
software.