[GRLUG] Ubuntu live and install issues

Bill Creswell billcreswell at gmail.com
Sun May 14 08:33:44 EDT 2006

With any distro I have tried, I have varied success and failures with boot
and display on different machines. You will find the Ubuntu live too slow to
be interesting on any machine.

(For live CD's I like SLAX and Austrumi 1.2, both based on slackware, and
fast enough to be useful).

I have several of the distributed CD's if you want one. And several other
distro's you could try. (anybody want to start a library somewhere)

If it came up on the older machine, I would probably rule out CD write
issues.

www.billcreswell.com - family news, notes and writings
http://grComputerWorks.blogspot.com - web and computer related topics
http://www.grcomputerworks.com