[GRLUG] Distro's - was GRLUG test comment

Matthew Whitaker matthew.whitaker at haworth.com
Thu May 4 09:00:09 EDT 2006

I have to say that I firmly agree with David on this one.  The last time
I installed Ubuntu I was really frustrated with the no root, just use
sudo aspect of it.  I really prefer simply logging in as root at times.
It's true I have screwed things up that way, but live and learn -
Ubuntu's model was simply too annoying for me.

I am pretty firmly in the Debian camp for desktops right now, with my
preference for servers being RedHat (at least for the time being).