[GRLUG] Comcast & dynamic DNS

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Mar 28 09:35:05 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:52:37AM -0500, Roberto Villarreal wrote:
> The better question is, why would they care?  Sounds like they are up to
> something fishy... common sense would say that all things being equals, they
> would prefer you to use somebody elses's hardward/bandwidth, unless they are
> hijacking DNS requests or using requests for tracking purposes... :-(

That is an excellent question.  Why would they?

> But to answer your question, a simple packet scan should be able to tell them
> where you're getting DNS from...

I had not thought of that.  Again, why would they perform such a scan
on me?  I do not run a server (well, ssh...) nor do I download
significant amounts of data.

Wait...I know what their problem is...I use www.google.com as my
homepage, and Google ain't payin' 'em!  ;-)
--
john-thomas
------