[GRLUG] Kubuntu 6.0.6 Dapper Installer, disappointed

Ben Rousch brousch at orthicomp.com
Thu Jul 20 14:10:28 EDT 2006

I also had a couple of problems using the manual partitioner on the Kubuntu
Dapper Live CD.

First, the Live CD grabbed and used a swap partition on the hard disk, so I
had to restart and specify swap=off or swapoff in the boot options.

Then the partitioner in the Live CD install (qtparted I believe) refused to
commit my manual parition scheme. I ended up apt-get installing gparted,
partitioning the disk how I wanted it (make sure to run gparted using sudo),
then re-running the Live Install.

I agree the Kubuntu Live CD partitioner seems to be broken, but I love the way
the system runs afterwards!