[GRLUG] monitor frequency on boot

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:27:39 EST 2006

I have an LCD monitor with a peak frequency of 75 Hz.  When I boot ( latest
version of
Mandriva Linux ),  the monitor frequency is 85 MHz,  and the monitor simply
announces
that this is out of range.  At the login prompt,  which I of course cannot
see,  I simply log in
blind,  and then the settings for my login take over and all's well.

The question is how I change the frequency of the system at log in.   I did
a switch to "su" after
login in,  and looked at the settings,  but that shows 75 HZ too.  In fact,
the monitor frequency
takes on several values during the boot process,   and I can see the entire
boot process,  up
to the point where the login screen comes up.

So the question is really how I change the frequency at that point so I can
see the login screen.

    -Bob