[GRLUG] ubuntu/kubuntu boot issues

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Thu Feb 16 11:32:24 EST 2006

I have a couple students that have tried ubuntu and kubuntu, all with the
same result.  After the install ends, it reboots, and says there's no boot
partition.

They've done this without me around, and so they go back to IS and have
their entire machine re-imaged, which is sad.

Anyone know how to make Ubuntu boot properly after an initial install?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Usually people believe their motives and emotions are known to themselves
alone, yet few things remain concealed from an intelligent observer with
time to see, to consider, and to speculate."
 			-- Louis L'Amour, Guns of the Timberlands