[GRLUG] Cheap laser printer

Jordan Hudson jodanlime at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 17:46:57 EDT 2006

I work at staples and although this is one of brothers best models, it is
not that awesome as far as lasers go. I would definently go with a samsung
over this, because of the 2 part toner system in the brother. 2 part toner
systems are bad for pocket books, but a little better for the environment.
Samsung has a single cartridge for the toner and drum (much like HP but the
samsungs are built more sturdy and come with better warranties) and almost
all samsung printers have linux support. I bought the ML-2010 and it works
like a dream. It only USB, but they have different models with networking. I
plugged it in and ubuntu found it, I didnt even have to use the drivers
included (yes! actuall linux drivers for more than just red hat on the CD!)
I highly recomend that printer for home users, for office, they have a
couple color laser models that are also nice. The 2010 goes for about 129,
but about every 3 weeks Staples has it on sale for like 50.