[GRLUG] Follow-up to my "Ubuntu install" post

Zach Dennis zdennis at mktec.com
Mon Dec 12 20:37:08 EST 2005

Rick Vargo wrote:

> Using Ubuntu, you will want to get to know "apt."  Apt is a powerful and
> great tool to install/upgrade packages. "apt-get" will be the apt tool
> you probably use the most.

Depending on how comfortable you are with the Linux and the command line
you may want to start with the Synaptic Package Manager first. This is a
GUI to apt. It can be found by going to System > Administration >
Synaptic Package Manager. Although I 100% agree with Rick, knowing apt
will be one of the best things you can do. =)

Zach