[GRLUG] sound issues RESOLVED

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:15:45 EST 2005

I do recall one issue a long time ago with gnome-volume-manager come
to think of it, but it was with like Gnome 2.8.x or something.  A
quick recompile of the Slackware package, as well as Alsa (from
source) fixed me up.

Alsa is (almost) a no-brainer to compile.  You basically just need the
*usual* stuff (libs) and your kernel source for a module.  That's it.
Good to see you're all set!!!

G-

On 12/5/05, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> > This is very different from "it didn't find the sound card"...
>
> Yeah, I should not to believe error messages.
>
> Topher
> Cornerstone University Radio
>
> ------
> "...it has occurred to me that a man need know but two sentences to survive.
> The first to ask for food, the second to tell a woman he loves her. If he
> must dispense with one or the other, by all means let it be the first. For
> surely, if you tell a woman you love her, she will feed you."
>                          -- Louis L'Amour, The Walking Drum

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/