[GRLUG] cool laptop

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Mar 2 07:37:46 EST 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 20:28 -0600, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2015, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> > I'm not sure what is toy-like about it
> Looks, .. of course. Smallish keyboard, monster touchpad, .. not built for
> serious work.
> The keyboard on my Envy is literally [side] edge-to-edge, and with
> backlight keys a joy to use even in a dark room.

+1  a *REAL* keyboard is key if you are going to use the laptop as a
laptop to do *WORK* [vs reading stuff].  Using a laptop on the train or
in the airport as a mobile workstation vs. using a laptop where you plug
it into a real-size display and keyboard everywhere you go [essentially
a laptop as a luggable workstation].

> > My biggest concern would be the touch screen and whether it will work
> > with Linux.
> Might have try a bootable USB image on one to tell for sure, ..

It has USB 3.0 which is envy inducing.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383