[GRLUG] cool laptop

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Mar 2 07:35:00 EST 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 20:30 -0500, Topher wrote:
> What are the chances everything in this will work in Linux?
> http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1/8124345/hp-spectre-x360-laptop-windows-convertible

It would depend primarily on the GPU.  I would guess that if it is an
Intel GPU it will work just dandy, if it is an nVidia GPU I would avoid
it [their current Optimus tech mash-up train-wreck].

The limit of only 8GB of RAM seems harsh.  Personally I would skip this
one for that reason; 16GB is the operating standard.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383