[GRLUG] AT&T's U-verse DSL service

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:34:24 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Dan Pilcheck <pilcheck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM, nivardus <nivardus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ideally U-Verse's internet is effected less severely by more users than
> > traditional DSL because it's only be twisted pair from the nearest
> > VRAD/trunk to your home, beyond that it's fiber. In practice though...
> >
> > I am exploring my ISP options as well, I had U-Verse last year and will
> be
> > moving soon. Hopefully I can find something affordable, relatively fast
> and
> > with decent upstream bandwidth and static IPs all to a residential
> location.
> > Wish me luck.
> >
> > ---
> > Bennett Goble // Nivardus
> >
> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks.  That's the answer I was looking
> >> for.  The speed depends on the number of
> >> users on the line, just like Comcast.  Fine
> >> when your by yourself............
> >>     -- Bob
> >>
> >> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Matthew Seeley <
> matthew at threadlight.com>

> Bob (Et al.), Sorry if I'm taking this to far off topic for the thread;
>
> What about Comcast Business at the home?
> IIRC its been touched on here, but I couldn't dig up anything relevant.
>
> My Clear Wireless home 4g experience wasn't good enough to make me
> drop Comcast (nor would it AT&T if I had it), I'm still looking to
> reduce costs.
> I want business class at the home!

No business class available.  I was
going to try the 22 Mbps business service,
because business is said to be given
priority during heavy load times, and might
have provided a more uniform bandwidth.

The guy came back and said there are no
business class services available in West MI,
and no scheduled rollout plans.  The highest
you can get is residential 16 Mbps.

Comcast's web page will let you put in
your address, and probably come back saying
business service are available, but in my area
at least they are not when you go to sign up.

    -- Bob