[GRLUG] AT&T's U-verse DSL service

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed May 18 17:08:05 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 16:29 -0400, Dan Pilcheck wrote:
> Bob (Et al.), Sorry if I'm taking this to far off topic for the thread;
> What about Comcast Business at the home?
> IIRC its been touched on here, but I couldn't dig up anything relevant.

I had AT&T business class DSL to my home for a long time (this includes
static IPs, a router, etc...).  Performance was very good.

But U-verse (which also includes TV) and a Linode is actually cheaper.
You still get an always-on static IP hosts (the Linode) that isn't on
your power bill - and you can run server's without violating your
EULA.

It is also quite handy to OpenVPN from whatever-crappy-network-I'm-on to
the Linode.