[GRLUG] Certification

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 14:49:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Benjamin Eavey <ben at eavey.com> wrote:
> Good advice, and it's very true...  but sometimes when you're trying to
> get a job, the HR person screening resumes has been told to look for
> "Linux-certified" people.  In that case, having a cert is the difference
> between getting an interview and having your resume tossed.

If a company or it's representative are incapable of recognizing, as
qualification,  your experience within the group of people developing
the very software they require support for...  that might be a sign of
their general competence in other areas.

Further, I will risk suggesting that this might have some bearing on
how satisfying your employment for said company is likely to be.

--tim