[GRLUG] Comcast prices & speed tiers

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 02:58:43 EST 2006

I checked the Comcast web site,  and indeed,  it has started offering a
number of new Internet packages,  with new combinations of down/up
speeds.  The highest speed package is now  8Mbps/768Kbps.

Competition is a wonderful thing - one can now probably either get their
same service for a lower price,   or a higher speed service for the same
price.  I'm guessing here that Comcast will not automatically lower the
price for whatever service you currently have.

Competition works for web hosting sites too.  godaddy.com will give
you "up to" 10GB of hosting space for about $8 a month.   Apparently
with the introduction of 500GB drives from 3 or 4 manufacturers,  others
are increasing the amount of hosting space too.

Yes,  it pays to check the web page for your service now and then.
Thanks for the comments Nick.

     -Bob