[GRLUG] 4-port video card

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Sep 27 11:57:39 EDT 2022

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:

> Do you need nVidia's binary driver?

Tried multiple variations, .. not in standard repos (need G03), .. the
nVidia version is broken for the 5.14 kernel, .. there is a 'patched'
version, but it installs and then crashes.

> I'm using a Radeon RX580 with OSS drivers. It has two HDMI and
> twoDisplayPort outputs and works great. Being OSS, it'll be supported
> for along time.-- J-T

Agreed - first step get away from Nvidia <g>!

I see some with DVI/HDMI/VRA, but not that port configuration - which card
are you using?

	Thanks!!!