[GRLUG] Strange behavior with /var/www/html/

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Wed Nov 2 18:43:27 EDT 2022

It's not permissions. Nearly all are 777 for some reason and the
inconsistent behavior also happens with the few that are 553 or 533.

It's not ownership. All are owned by "Me."

Web-server is clearly listening on localhost. Is there any reason it
would have to listen on 127.0.0.1 for just certain files (which are
coded exactly like the others)? How would subnet restrictions or
re-writes affect some of the files in /var/www/html but not others?

In any case, why would opening them from the file directory then make it
possible to open from the webbrowser?

Eric Beversluis www.ericbeversluis.com Forthcoming: /For Love of a Father/