[GRLUG] Cannot run docker

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Fri Mar 4 02:13:57 EST 2022

I'm not too familiar with docker containers, but....

Seems docker is trying to delete (the "-D" flag) a rule from the PREROUTING
chain of the nat table.

 That message seems to indicate there's no 'DOCKER' chain defined in your
iptables firewall rules, ergo you can't "jump" (the "-j" flag) the packet
processing (aka Transfer) from the PREROUTING chain (of the "nat" table) to
the non-existent DOCKER chain. Or, apparently delete a rule specifying just
that.

Assuming that docker doesn't completely wipe your existing iptables rules,
define an empty DOCKER chain in iptables before launching docker:

iptables -N DOCKER

and see what happens.  Mind you, that will absolutely not route your
packets in whichever means docker expects.  You'll still need to
investigate why that chain isn't being created.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-list-and-delete-iptables-firewall-rules

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
do you even lift bro?
Ubber::Geek