[GRLUG] Android Tab problem: opens wrong document?

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Jun 14 15:09:45 EDT 2022

I had two documents on my Tab 4, Maasdam College Murder_20210418.epub and Maasdam College Murder_20220311.epub.

For some reason I can’t get my readers to open the right version. When I try to open the 20220311 version from X-plore, ReadEra and Nook both insist on opening the 20210418 version. I deleted everything. Installed a new reader, eBoox, uploaded the 20220311 version again from my laptop (using WiFi File Transfer Pro).

When I try to open it in eBoox, it opens the 20210418 version—even though as nearly as I can tell, that’s not even on the tablet any more.

However, when I look at the content that’s now open, it’s the later (20220311) version.

Is this just a bug in how these epub readers handle titles that are similar?

Eric Beversluis
Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com