[GRLUG] Move mail from Time Machine to Thunderbird on Linux

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Aug 23 12:22:34 EDT 2022

As I recall, ICS files can just be (mostly) concatenated together to
form a larger file you can import.  It's a pretty simple text format.
You just have to remove the beginning and ending VCALENDAR blocks.
Please keep in mind that this is completely untested, but something like
this might work:

echo "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" > combined-calendar.ics
find . -name "*.ics" -type f -exec cat {} \; | grep -v "BEGIN:VCALENDAR"
| grep -v "END:VCALENDAR" >> combined-calendar.ics
echo "END:VCALENDAR" >> combined-calendar.ics

Warm Regards,
Kyle Maas