[GRLUG] Windows

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Mon Mar 22 06:22:18 EDT 2021

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 09:47:33PM -0400, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:
> FWIW, I don't use Windows on any machine (physical or virtual) I own for
> any reason.
>
> If something can only be done in Windows, then as far as I am concerned it
> can't be done at all and probably doesn't need to be.

I wish that were true. My church uses Zoom for those unable to attend in
person and only the Windows client has the "Use Original Sound" feature
that prevents Zoom from distorting music (ostensibly to block feedback)
so badly that it becomes unbearable. We HAVE to use Windows. I purchased
a new computer with Windows pre-loaded. It took longer to get that
pre-loaded operating system booted up properly and with all updates
installed than it took me to take a bare-metal server and install
openSUSE and Nextcloud via USB, while also downloading updates during
the install. Pre-loaded Windows is a not a feature.

J-T

--
J-T
-----