[GRLUG] Help installing LO extension

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Fri Jan 1 00:56:04 EST 2021

It's not a URL, it's just a generic hostname with IP address 71.79.168.2

rr.com is Road Runner, which is/was a cable ISP. It looks like the block
that IP is part of is now owned by Charter/Spectrum.

Is your ISP Charter? Is that the IP assigned to your router?

Its also possible there is simply a stale lockfile that was never removed.

*# host cpe-71-79-168-2.neo.res.rr.com
<http://cpe-71-79-168-2.neo.res.rr.com>*

*cpe-71-79-168-2.neo.res.rr.com <http://cpe-71-79-168-2.neo.res.rr.com> has
address 71.79.168.2*

*# whois 71.79.168.2NetRange:       71.64.0.0 - 71.79.255.255CIDR:
  71.64.0.0/12 <http://71.64.0.0/12>NetName:        RRMANetHandle:
 NET-71-64-0-0-1Parent:         NET71 (NET-71-0-0-0-0)NetType:
 Direct AllocationOriginAS:       Organization:   Charter Communications
Inc (CC-3517)Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/71.64.0.0
<https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/71.64.0.0>OrgName:        Charter
Communications IncOrgId:          CC-3517Address:        6399 S. Fiddler's
Green CircleCity:           Greenwood VillageStateProv:      COComment:
   Legacy Time Warner Cable IP Assets*