[GRLUG] Linux/Window options

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Feb 23 10:22:13 EST 2021

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:

> I'd be interested in getting people's thoughts regarding-dual boot
> Linux/Window vs.-Linux with Windows in VirtualBox vs.-Windows with
> Linux in VirtualBox (eg, if one buys a new Windows box)

Depends on your primary platform:

If you have a requirement that your HW run Windows (i.e. company provided
system), .. you should run your Linux apps in VMs.

If you do NOT have a requirement to run Windows on HW, there is no reason
NOT to run you Windoze apps in VM, .. or *containers* (e.g. SQL Server).

Partially dependent on your 'environment' of choice - for example, I spend
90% of my time at the command line, and there is no way to create a normal
CLI environment on Windoze, i.e. a CLI environment that is native on the
machine, with a normal toolset such as systemd, /var/log, ...

	Lee