[GRLUG] Postfix docker fix

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Tue Aug 31 08:59:56 EDT 2021

On Mon, 2021-08-30 at 18:29 -0500, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group
wrote:
> Trying to get the maxking django docker to send proper emails, .. the
> "SERVE_FROM_DOMAIN" is ignmored in the local settings, .. and when
> placed
> in the compose environment it crashes the container.
> The only way I can figure out to fix it is by having Postfix replace
> a bad URL with the correct one on any outbound email. Is there a way
> to create a simple milter out of a sed command?

I am not clear what you are trying to do, but I doubt you'd need a
milter.  Postfix has robust rewriting capacities built in.

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html

The generic(5) table is what you want [I think].   Postfix tables can
use flat files [w/regular expression], SQL, or LDAP.  There is also
socketmap and tcp if you really want to do something super crazy.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383