[GRLUG] Postfix HELO issue

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Thu Aug 5 16:08:24 EDT 2021

Ok, I thought you had solved it and were merely commenting.

The problem is that whatever is trying to send, is connecting and sending
just

"HELO majordomo"

instead of using its full FQDN, eg

"HELO majordomo.DOMAIN.COM"

The receiver is requiring a full hostname with domain be in the HELO.

Either you need to adjust what your sender (Majordomo, I assume) software
to use the full hostname, or (if you control the server it is sending to)
adjust its configuration to not require a full host name either generally,
or specifically from that sender host.