[GRLUG] Strange copy behavior

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Wed May 6 14:23:29 EDT 2020

Macs can read ext2.  Just format the thumbdrive on the linux box as ext2 and rsync will copy the files without globbing them due to case.

Your Mac also has rsync on it.  But, if you format it ext2, you could probably still use nautilus, or some other gui, then on the mac, use finder to copy them over from the thumbdrive.

rsync is the best tool for the job, but the main issue you’re thumb drive is running into is the filesystem:  ext2 will work on your mac.

-Van