[GRLUG] HP workstation hardware issue

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Wed Mar 20 08:32:02 EDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-03-20 at 07:17 -0400, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group
wrote:
> My HP Z600 workstation has developed a problem with networking. I'm
> experiencing about 30% packet loss in bunches (it'll work fine for a
> time, then bam, no network, then it's back). The network card is
> integrated into the motherboard. I'm thinking about buying an add-on
> network card, but what is the likelihood I'm going to face more
> problems? Should I spring for a new motherboard?

My z600 gave it up some time ago; it started having all kinds of memory
errors no matter how I attempted to rearrange the DIMMS.  That might be
the DIMMS, or it might be the motherboard, but I am willing to offer up
mine as spare parts if you'd like to try.

--
Executive Committee Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers