[GRLUG] firewall

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Mon Aug 26 18:45:33 EDT 2019

I'm in need of a firewall/router and I really don't want yet another old
computer running 24/7 in the house.

I have an old netgear wifi router that I have been using who's wifi wasn't
reliable so I turned off the antennas and bought a unifi ap.  I'm still
using the old netgear for port forwarding and firewall tasks, but recently
settings have been changing and I suspect that this is due to unpatched
vulnerabilities.  I've disabled most administration functions so I think
I'm good for now, but I am looking for something to replace this.

Does the raspberry Pi have a dual ethernet interface?
Maybe flashing the netgear with some opensource firmware?
Maybe unifi Security Gateway?
If running an old computer is the best I guess I could do that as well.

What are my best options?

Share and Enjoy <http://www.hhgproject.org/entries/shareandenjoy.html>
Ben