[GRLUG] laser printers

Nathan Phillip Brink binki at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 18 16:12:02 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 08:21:17PM +0000, Joseph McLaughlin wrote:
> It is probably just a problem with the printers.When you hit print test page to often then it must be the toner!

Does the printer let you print out a configuration or diagnostics page
from the device’s configuration panel? Can you pick up the toner
cartridge and, when shifting it around, hear any toner inside of it?
If it doesn’t sound like the toner cartridge has anything, or it feels
light, or asking the printer to print information about itself results
in sheets of white paper, then you either need new toner or there is a
different physical issue with the printer.

Are you trying to indirectly tell us that pressing “Print” from Ubuntu
Mate causes the printer to spool paper but just not actually print
anything onto it? Please give us a clearer picture of what
works/doesn’t so we can give you better suggestions ;-).