[GRLUG] DD-WRT DHCP/IP address problem

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sun Apr 17 14:07:07 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 12:35:59PM -0400, Dave Chiodo wrote:
> Are you sure the two virtual wireless networks are associated with separate
> VLANS with broadcast domains fully isolated from each other?

I'm not sure what that means fully. I added a virtual interface that
worked fine for months, then stopped working.

> What you describe sounds like what would happen with two DHCP servers on
> the same LAN, where its essentially a race which one responds first when a
> client makes a request.

I'm not really sure of much, except this: it was working then suddenly
it stopped working all the time. Sometimes disconnecting and
reconnecting would result in a right address. Nothing changed on the
router (no configuration changes); it just stopped working properly. The
virtual interface does not have a separate configuration for IP address
range (and subnet).
--
J-T
-----