[GRLUG] DD-WRT DHCP/IP address problem

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Apr 6 08:14:02 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 06:55:20AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 17:00 -0400, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> > (192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.11.x). This appears to be a problem
> > with multiple android devices. Restarting the router does not fix
> > it.  Restarting the Android WiFi service and even the device does
> > not fix it. I can, sometimes, get a device to obtain a correct IP by
> > connecti ng to the primary network and then back to the guest
> > network.
>
> Are you sure the Android device is connecting to the correct network?
> Are both networks configured on the device? [bad idea].  Android WiFi
> is frustratingly 'helpful' and will hop between networks at the
> slightest provocation [I **really** wish there was a no-autoconnect
> option - every time I select "Advanced Options" on an Android wireless
> connection I just giggle at the lousy TWO options it adds].
>
> Can you reproduce the problem on a not-Andriod device, or at least an
> A ndroid device with credentials only for one of the networks?

Yes; I've connected them manually in attempts to get a proper
connection.

I have one router. There is the physical wireless interface
("new_city_church") and a virtual wireless interface on the same router
("new_city_guest"). Is this what you mean about both networks being
configured on the same device?
--
J-T
-----