[GRLUG] Video Stream

andross at gmail.com andross at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:42:43 EDT 2015

Normally you'd us the HTML5 <video> tag and ffmpeg (compiled with ffserver
enabled) to stream out the live video in webm format, then point your video
tag src to the stream, but I'm not sure you could get that to work
correctly with just one port.

The quick and dirty for a single port is to have your live video encoder
dump the current frame to an image file (constantly rewriting it on
update), then use JavaScript trickery to refresh the image in the browser
(I would redraw to a canvas or use jquery to refresh only the image, not
the whole page).