[GRLUG] Printer + Linux = ?!

Kelly Vanderwell kelly.vanderwell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:56:39 EDT 2015

So i've been trying to set up a canon pixma m620 up with my desktop, which
runs ubuntu 12.04.

I set up CUPS per http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/194.

I was able to hook the printer up to the network by myself/with google's
help.

But i cannot get the desktop to print a test page.

Eventually i would like it to be wireless, but wired would be fine for now,
i can access etsy/paypal via the desktop to print shipping labels.

If anyone has ideas, or wants to come fiddle with it in person, weds/fri
are my days off and i'd be happy to make you a pan of brownies in return
for fixing.  (I live in eastown)

Kelly