[GRLUG] memory leak?

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Wed Nov 18 21:57:44 EST 2015

I recently am experiencing my Fedora 22 installation slowing
considerably as it remains up for several days. I've got 4GB of RAM. It
will start with using maybe 1.5 or GB but eventually will be up around
2.5GB with 216MB or so in Swap.

The curious thing is that as I close programs, the swap doesn't seem to
go down and it's not clear whether the computer runs any faster. I see
most of the slowness in Thunderbird, I think. Is this what we used to
call 'memory leak' and accuse Windows of?

I recently swapped my HDD for a Solid State Drive. I would have expected
this to give me more speed, but the slowing down seems to have happened
after that swap.

Closing apps has this result:

RAM            Swap
2.5 GB        217MB