[GRLUG] IPv6 network nightmare

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Mon Sep 8 12:29:42 EDT 2014

On Sep 8, 2014 12:12 PM, "Adam Tauno Williams" <awilliam at whitemice.org>
wrote:

> But very good routing performance, suitable for most sites, can be had
> with pretty reasonably priced hardware.

If you are an all Juniper shop you'll find they have a bit of a hole in
their product line.  They sell awesome ISP and carrier grade routers for
the high end...but they don't have a middle of the road routing
product...instead they have compromise all in one products that can do
routing, firewall or other stuff depending on software load but don't do
anything particularly well and tend to do too much in software instead of
hardware.

I think Software Defined Networking would solve a lot of problems in the
mid tier market but I haven't found anyone interested in trying it.

Mark